The primary goal of this project is to build a new website that allows for easy navigation for users and efficient site management for DCA staff. This site should present a wide array of content to residents of, and visitors to, Los Angeles.
The new site should tell DCA’s story — its history, mission, goals, vision, facilities, staff, programs, and services — in engaging ways to encourage further interest in the Department and its offerings.
Preliminary Project Objectives
- Continue to build awareness of, and interest in, DCA; and strengthen its partnerships and the services.
- Provide a coherent design across the site that represents DCA in a consistent and aesthetically compelling manner.
- Build and deploy a new content management system to allow non-technical DCA staff to update site content and perform day-to-day site administration.
- Explore utility and cost of next-phase development including E-commerce features such as online forms and payment.
- Deploy social media integration to provide a participatory platform of engagement.